Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

I have the Whirlpool Duet dryer, and It will not start. I

I have the Whirlpool Duet dryer, and It will not start. I have had it for several years, and have not had this problem. I checked my breaker and unplugged and plugged back the dryer and still nothing. The lights come on, and it beeps, but it will not start. Please help me
Hello there. When you press the start button, do you hear a faint click?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I hear a click
You have a failed thermal fuse. If you take off the toe panel (usually two or three screws), you'll see your lint filter duct. Take out your lint filter from inside, remove the few screws securing the lint filter duct. You'll see a white component with two wires to it. If that is blown, which you can check with a multi meter, your dryer won't start.
If you provide a model number, I can look the part number up for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX Where is the toe panel located? Sorry to be so stupid

the panel below the door. There are screws at the very bottom. Let me get your part number here....(NNN) NNN-NNNN Cheap part. You can buy from any appliance store or online. These parts usually blow due to an exhaust restriction. Make sure you have good air flow.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Still don't know where the toe panel is. Can't see any screws
Look under the front of the lowest part of the dryer. The lip is beveled in, down by the front leveling feet. You'll have to place your cheek on the ground to see them. There are usually two or three screws there. If the dryer is not running, but you hear that click, that thermal fuse is blown.