Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

i have a due washer , it turns on and goes thru the wash and

i have a due washer , it turns on and goes thru the wash and rinse cycle but it won't go to the spin cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Good evening, my name is Justin. I'll try to help you out. Does the washer drain the water, or does it just stay inside? Secondly, are you getting any F error codes? What is your model number. This tag is found by opening the door. It's either on the door, or on the frame the door closes into. Awaiting your response...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes its draining, model# XXXXX
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Ok, any error codes? All the water drains out with no clothes in it, but it just does not spin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ror codes , the clothes are in there and i can hear he water draining and a click sound thats it. no error codes
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
I'd like you to cancel the cycle, see if the door does unlock, then remove all the wet clothes. Yes they'll be heavy, and I know it's a pain. We need to see the velocity the water is draining, also, we need to see if it spins without clothing. Can you do that?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i'll do it now
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Ok... Let me know when you have the clothes out. Also, fill it in a rinse and spin. When it gets to the drain part, when the pump comes on, all that water should be drained within about 30 seconds. If it is not, tell me how long it takes to drain out. If it does drain out quickly, let me know if it is spinning with no clothes in it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in, the water drained and the same problem it does not go to he spin cycle
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Ok, so all the water drained out within about 30 seconds or so, no error codes, it fills, then it washes but just will not spin. Do I have all this information correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all it does is the water goes in and the rinse cycle, now it doesn't even wash, before it at least did the wash cycle now it only has the water go in and rinse

Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
When you say rinse, do you mean the motor comes on and turns the basket back and forth, or do you just mean it only fills with no wash motion in rinse? In other words, in RINSE, do you get a fill and any back and forth motion with the basket? Sorry for the questions, but I'm trying to formulate my professional opinion here. The more information, the better.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is no motion at all it is now just draining
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Bear with me for a few minutes while I research a few things. Just so I'm sure, it'll fill, will not turn in wash or rinse, and will not spin at all either. So basically, the motor is not functioning to turn the basket.
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

Cancel the cycle, open the door and check to see if the push button just above where the door strike goes into the lock is still there. You should be able to push this in and out. The door lock is on the right side of the frame of the door opening. Look for a push button. Is it there?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
push button is there
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

OK, follow these instructions carefully. Tell me exactly what happens in C:04 and C:08

Starting the Test Mode

Close the door.

Push CONTROL/ON (if present on this model).

Select the DRAIN/SPIN cycle.

Select NO SPIN by pressing the SPIN SPEED touch-pad.

Push PREWASH OPTION four times within five seconds. If

PREWASH OPTION is not present on this model, press

RINSE HOLD four times within five seconds. C:00 will light up

on the display.

If the Starting procedure fails, push the PAUSE/CANCEL

touch-pad, then repeat the starting procedure.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nothing happen on c-4 it jumped to c-5 within 20 seconds and it is stuck on c-5
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
That's a water heat delay. Hit the prewash button once to advance through. Let me know what happens at c07 and c08
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the c-8 cycle made a humming noise like it wanted to spin but nothingen it turned off like normal
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

I see. At the rear of your top panel, there are three screws coming in from the back. They either have a T-20 torx fitting, or they will fit a 1/4 inch or 9/32 inch socket (they varied over the years). Once those three screws are out, slide the top back and off. Look over the rear of the drum at the main drive pulley. Do you see a black belt on it?

You may have a broken belt if you heard a humming noise, with no motion. If it is broken, spin the basket by hand. It should spin freely. The humming noise may have been the motor turning. I suspect the belt may be broken. Usually if there is a motor or motor control board issue, you will receive an error code. Since you have none, that might be what's going on. Let me know what you find.

Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service