Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Good morning, I have a water leak on a Maytag MFI2269VEW1

Good morning, I have a water leak on a Maytag MFI2269VEW1 in the morning or later in the day after having dispensed ice to make ice tea I get a puddle of water on the floor. I do not have water in the refrigerator compartment nor do i have water in the freezer section. I have rolled the unit out and remove the rear lower panel and the defrost tray is dry and the hose section and copper water line are dry. What little dust is on the coils at the bottom is also dry. I say little due to the fact that they are vacuumed every six months. botXXXXX XXXXXne no tell tale wet spots inside the unit top or bottom and is seems only to happen at the time ice would be made. A little guidance would sure help keep my floor from being recked! Please help! Respectfully Bernie.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

are you sure theres no water in the freezer on the floor under the drawer tray? theres no sheet of ice ? does this water appear about every 8 hours or so ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Bryan, no water sheets of ice no water anywhere but on the kitchen floor and I have attempted to see if it was at the time of the defrost cycle can cannot say that it is at that time.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay the thing that bothers me is this has to be from the defrost if theres no water in the evaporator pan under the refrigerator. the best way to tell is shut the water off to the refrigerator until later today and see if the water goes away. can you do that? this will tell us if its from the defrost or the water supply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O K I will put the unit back into operation with the water shut off. One more question will you be able to reply tomorrow morning with the info I have found? Or will I have to Pay again?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you wont have to pay again. just sign back in and reply, any replies from you will go directly to me, I'm usually on by 8 am EST. Smile, talk tomorrow. Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks pal I will put the trough a 24 hour cycle and I get back Thank you!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, just reply tomorrow , no need to reply until then , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Bryan, at this point no water on the floor. I am at a loss! I am ready for suggestions!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay with the water off theres no leak ? this at least tells us its a leak from the water line somewhere in the refrigerator. my thoughts are its from the ice maker supply line. this is difficult to find however. the next thing you should do is turn the water back on and try getting water out of the door and check to see if water then leaks, concentrate on the plastic lines running to the ice maker and under the refrigerator to then dispenser. take a paper towel and slide it along all the lines you can see and get to. sometimes these have a very small hole in the line you can see and has a fine mist spraying out you cant see.thats why the paper towel. if theres a very tiny leak the rowel will get wet and you will feel it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O K will do, and as we both know this will take time. Any problem if I get back to you tomorrow?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
no problem at all. at least we know its from the water supply somewhere. let me know what you find, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
O K will do, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX it!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay just reply tomorrow when you get done. thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good morning Bryan, I have had the water on since yesterday noon after inspecting the water lines as far as I could see and used a snake camera to beyond that, all to no avail. I turned the Ice maker on this morning and it is working but not water puddle as of yet! This one has me really scratching my head.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
wow okay well this may come back and if it does let me know. I'm always here , the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.