Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

trying to reset oven / we powerdown / when we hit bake briol

trying to reset oven / we powerdown / when we hit bake briol is comeing on please help

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
GFE461LVs0
when you hit bake does the bake light come on or does the broil light come on ? the reason I ask is because on some of these ranges the broil element will actually come on to help the bake in preheat.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the bake light does come but the top rack stays red it does not shut off we tried over and over
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
after hits the oven turns off and message says future not available /no futures on left hand side are avabable
okay, is the bake element also comming on ? can you tell ? or is this a hidden element that you cant see ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
bake is hidden / top element you can see and that is red and not turning off its allready burnt food

okay. this means the control has failed, in the control there are relays.these relays can stick and weld the contacts together which would account for the broil element never going off, you need to replace the control. below is a link to order it...

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WHIRLPOOL-Par ts/Range-Parts/W10157242/0022/664/Model-GFE461LVS0/1198/0124111?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W1101232&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=GFE461LVS0&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=FREE-STANDING---ELECTRIC&blt=11&shdMod= its also the clock , hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan