SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Bosch axxis wta3510US dryer electric 220v. The control panel

Bosch axxis wta3510US dryer electric 220v. The control panel lights work but the dryer will not start. First the automatic cycles stopped working and then the timed dry cycle could be used to start the dryer. Now nothing but control panel lights work. Do I need to reset thermal switch? Is it a bad controller?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this.How long was it between the auto stop working and the timed? Do you have a meter to verify voltage?

Customer: Yes I have voltmeter
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I would remove the back panel of the machine, verify that you have 220 at the outlet, reset the high limit and try it again. You can meter and verify 220v at the controller. If you found the machine has been slowly failing then most likely the board.

Customer: Worked for a year on timed cycle only I have a voltmeter
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I think that the two failures are not linked. You have a bad humidity sensor which is why the auto wouldn't work. It may just be the temps sensor on the back if you get no response now. It's easy to remove the rear duct panel on the back and rest high limit and test for 220.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

If the button clicks on the high limit then thats it, if not we would have to remove the control panel and do some tests there.

Customer: I will check switch and voltage. Explanation of hum sensor makes sense for first problem
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know what you find.

Customer: Verified 247 volts at unit both fuses in rear power landing box have continuity (ok). Opened rear dryer cover thermal switch with red button was not tripped it also has continuity across two incoming wires. Unit lights work unit says" drying" with light but nothing happens. Control panel?
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Panel.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You caould remove the panel and make sure that you are getting the voltage there but the odds of a bad wire are very low.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You here no sounds when trying to start the unit correct?

Customer:

no sounds from machine

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

You need the board then, hate to say. Do you have the whole model number? with the /xx after it?

Customer:

Mod. WTA3510US 83/IV

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks looking up the part right now.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Here is the control module you need.

Customer:

appliancepartspros lists different model numbers. They mention UC4 and UC3. why are the numbers different? What does the 83/IV mean? Perhaps IV stands for 4?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I never heard of the IV suffix. It didn't end up mattering. I looked up the part on the bosch tech page and it says good for all 3510's, then looked at appliance vendors for a cheap price.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The model number is XXXXX twice on the tag. The model number before the FD# XXXXX XXXXX one you want but it didn't matter in this case.

Customer:

Great thanks

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman