Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

refrigerator model no.GLRT217TDBC Ice maker with arm down

refrigerator model no.GLRT217TDBC Ice maker with arm down dripped water rather than forming cubes over about 12 hours. Freezer apparantly was working fine because, as water dripped, much of it froze or refroze as food items were frozen on discovery, yet ice cube container was frozen over but onfrozen inside. I have shut water supply off to stop damage.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

so water was overfilling the ice maker is that what your saying ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes
okay you need to replace the water inlet valve. its not closing tightly. Water Inlet ValveNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product ViewI believe your ice maker is after market but this valve will fit yours. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/241803701/1259376?RCAID=1000065 its located in the back where the waterline from the house connects. this will fix pour issue. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan