Ed Michaels
Ed Michaels, Appliance Technician
Experience:  my company installs and maintains appliances in NYC
62707781

Our Norcold model 1200 series freezer is 12 degrees, the refrigerator

Customer Question

Our Norcold model 1200 series freezer is 12 degrees, the refrigerator is staying between 48 and 52 degrees. What could be wrong?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Ed Michaels replied 2 years ago.

Ed Michaels :

Hi, could you post the model number from upper left hand corner of plate inside machine and approximate age of machine please? ed

Ed Michaels :

Hi Again, Sorry, I don't have your model in my records. I'm reopening question to the other experts. ed

Customer: Model number 1200LRIM serial number(NNN) NNN-NNNN The RV is a 2005, so we are assuming the refrigerator is the same age.
Ed Michaels, Appliance Technician
Experience: my company installs and maintains appliances in NYC
Expert:  AnthonysTV&Appliance replied 2 years ago.
These are basically pretty simple Amonia Based systems
from time to time they do vapor lock
and what is req to repair is to remove it from the RV completly take it out in the yard set it upside down for a day (6 hours or so) then reinstall
and it should be working again
as long as it ignites it should cool
unless there is a leak and the gas is gone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I thought if it was vapor locked it wouldn't work at all, and it is working, just not cooling under 48 degrees. To remove it would require removing the windshield of the motorhome, is it possible to pull it out and lay it upside down in the RV?
yes you just need to invert it for a while to get all the gas to back where its suppose to be
there are no moving parts to fail not even a compressor so if the unit it heating the flame it should be cooling
it can work just not as efficient
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please forgive us for taking so long, we are waiting for help to pull the refrigerator out. I felt pushed to give a review already, but preferred to wait until we had tried what was advised. If it's okay we are going to wait to rate you when we get the refrigerator pulled out and turned over (which may be another day or two). I can say we are very impressed so far, but not sure what the end result will be. If you need a review right now let me know and we will certainly rate a good, but prefer to wait to see if we can go for a higher rating.
good luck with it
you can rate when you are comforable to do so...if this does not cure it you may have a leak
and would neeed a new one
good luck
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
One more question if you don't mind. My husband has the front ready, and would like to know if you have any idea how many screws are on the back. Hopefully he'll have it out and flipped tonight. You've been wonderful. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I took the refrigerator out and turned it upside down for the night. When I put it back and plugged it in, the refrigerator would not come on. There is power to the plugs, I checked that. I press the on/off button and nothing happens and of course no light inside the refrigerator.
then you have something not connected right when you put it back in
maybe check your breakers in the rv or maybe you unplugged an internal harness when you pulled it out
you should at the very least have interior lights
are you sure there is not a power switch on the fridge somwhere?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried everything I could think of. I'm sure I must have hit something. I took it out and replaced it with a regular refrigerator. You were fantastic and with your help I think we could have figured it out. We just didn't want to wait, plus it was old and too expensive. We will certainly use this wensite again. Thanks so much for your patience and help. You are very knowledgeable.

Thanks for using JA
Good luck with your new unit
at least you had the old out!! LOL

Please rate the experience
and have a great night