Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a sani rinse control light flashing. How do I rese

I have a sani rinse control light flashing.  The model # XXXXX my whirlpool dishwasher is GU1200XTLS3.  How do I reset?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

how many times does it flash before repeating ? is it flashing fast or slow?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is not repeating. Just a steady flash of about on 1 flash/sec.
okay the go to the fuse box and shut the breaker off for 5 minutes then turn it back on. see if the board resets, if not try

and reset the control board. Press "high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

let me know if either works.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I don't have hi temp scrub but I used the hi temp scour and air dry buttons and the only thing that happened was the the normal cycle started flashing along with the sani rinse.
okay, thats not the best news, the control board has failed. this is a very common issue on these, heres a link where you can order it and theres a video also on how to replace it. hope this helps, he only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That was my first instinct. I just replaced the control board with a new one by contacting you. What is next or do you think I have gotten a bad (new) control board. Could it be anything else?
oh , I just pulled up the service tech sheet on this, the site was down. your issue isn't the control sorry. on this model it means the touch pad is shorted. (keypad) sorry I couldn't get the tech sheets up at first. thats the only other thing it could be if you replaced the control. the tech sheets say the touch pad has failed, you can order this @ can you return the control you bought? that is not the issue. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Unfortunately, I don't think I can return it. The number I have for the control panel is(NNN) NNN-NNNN Is that right? Thanks for the help.
that is correct. sorry for the confusion. have a great weekend, thanks , Bryan