Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have Roper dryer, the timer works, the heating core works,

I have Roper dryer, the timer works, the heating core works, the blower works, but the clothes come out damp. I think it could be a censor. What is my trouble?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number from the tag just inside the door ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Model No. RED4440vq1
Serial o.(NNN) NNN-NNNN/div>
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay perfect. when you have the vent off the back of the dryer itself is the air blowing out real strong ? have you tried running a load with the dryer vent removed from the dryer ? if so do you get the same results ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the blower feels strong, but I don,t know how strong it was before I had trouble. no I didn't try to run a load with the vent off. I just ran a load after I cleaned everything out, when it didn't dry I took the vent off and water ran out of the vent.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, can you wet some clothes and run it with the vent off and see if they dry ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
rate you 2 til I try what you say,Later Leo
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you can just rate me later. no problem, if water came out of the vent then theres definitely a vent issue. the moisture is not going outside and thats why theres water. anyway try it without a vent on the dryer and see what it does. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, you still their? I put some wet clothes in the dryer and took the vent off. They came out very dry, the vent I have on is made of plastic with a wire through it, it is about 9 ft long. I had the dryer for a year never had trouble before. Should i get a metal pipe for a vent, do you think that would help.
I will rate you an 9, but I do not want join the membership.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay . since you ran this without the vent and it worked fine then its a vent issue for sure, You can go to Lowes or home depot and get whats called surflex vent hose. It looks like the vent you have now but instead of plastic it like aluminum foil wrapped. great stuff and thats what you should replace you vent hose with. this will fix your issue. you donut have to join the membership. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan, I bought a new surflex ducting installed it and run a load and it came out wet.Now what can be the matter? Leo
She ran a second load and set it on Delicate and it came out dry.