Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag washer, model # XXXXX stops in the middle of

My Maytag washer, model # XXXXX stops in the middle of a cycle. After a cooling period I can have the washer continue the cycle. The motor was removed and was very hot to the touch. Can the stopping in the middle of the cycle be caused by only a bad motor or can the timer cause this problem? I will purchase what ever is required to repair the washer but I don't want to waste money purchasing the wrong part. Also is it economically feasible to repair or should I purchase a new washer? Also where is the best place to purchase the parts required? Thanks for your help.
Roger Mahon XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

does this stop in the spin cycle or agitate ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It stops in both cycles.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

okay, if it stops in both the motor is bad,this motor is around $128.00. you can order this at the link below.

motor you will need to replace it unfortunately. hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.