Tim Alan
Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service
51145682

I have a Kenmore dryer Model#11073012101, the problem Im having

I have a Kenmore dryer Model#11073012101, the problem I'm having is it is not heating up. I checked the thermal fuse and replaced the igniter, but now I see what is the problem. When you first start up the dryer everything works fine, the igniter lights, the flame comes on, after a few minutes the flame goes out, a few minutes later when process should begin again, right before igniter is suppose to light there is like a crackling/grinding sound. Igniter then does come on, but the flame does not light. I'm thinking it may be the cycling thermostat or radiant flame sensor. Can you please help me with this problem? Also, I looked at the installation of the cycling thermostat for my model on your website, it shows it is located in the back, but our back does not come off. There are screws but the panel will not come off, like it is a sealed unit. I believe I may have saw it next to the thermal fuse when I had it apart. Is that possible? Thank you very much!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tim Alan replied 2 years ago.

Tim Alan :

Hi my name isXXXXX can help you with your issue.

Tim Alan :

So the ignitor comes on after the first heat cycle but the flame does not is that correct?

Customer:

Yes

Tim Alan :

Ok the problem is the valve coils, the valve coils have become over time and the valve may open the first time but because they are weak fail to do so when there is a call for heat after that. Replace your valve coils and your back up and heating again.

Customer:

How hard a job is that? And can I find an installation video on your website?

Tim Alan :

Very easy to do, there is a bracket that holds the coils in place that has 2 screws holding it down. Remove the bracket and unplug the electrical connection and replace the coils

Tim Alan :

No there is not a video on our site or sears that I have ever found

Customer:

Ok I'll give it a shot. If that still doesn't work can I get back in touch with you without paying another $30? Also, I saw something about a $30 monthly payment, I didn't sign up for that . Thank you!

Tim Alan : Valve coil kit

PART NUMBER: 279834

$23.99 this is the part number for your valve coils

Tim Alan :

It should fix your problem, but if it doesn't then by all means feel free to contact me for no additional charge.

Customer:

Thanks Tim, hopefully we won't be talking again! Lol!

Tim Alan :

Your welcome, have a great weekend and thank you.

Customer:

You too!

Tim Alan :

I will thank you

Tim Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Amana, A&E (Whirlpool) ,and Maytag factory service