Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirpool washer top loading it stoped in the middle

I have a Whirpool washer top loading it stoped in the middle of the wash. It has power I checked the plug but acts as if it dose not have any power. No humming or anything when I turn the dile to any setting. Is there a reset on a washer?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Did this stop at the drain/spin cycle ? do you have the model # ? look under the lid in the back.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes durning the drain/spin it is full of water do I have to pull the washer out and look in teh back to get the model number you need? I looked under the lid but did not fine one.

Thanks

Rick

no the model # XXXXX XXXXX under the lid towards the back when you open it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The number under the lid is sw8525146-A is that the one ?

Rick

no that doesn't come up. Okay on you lid itself is there a post that drops through a hole in the top of the washer and hits a switch ?
it seems we are having a hard time communicating, Your issue is the lid switch but I cant look it up without the model number. if this has a post on the lid the lid switch is there. and it looks like this one.these are plastic and break away from the top of the machine and hang down so the post on the lid doesn't hit it. if theres no post it may be this one. which is up in the control panel. if you find the correct model I can help you further. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan was that the right model number ? I will try and check out the lid swich. If that works can I let you know?

Rick

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan I think I clicked you off can I use that model number to get the lid swich?

Thanks

Rick

unfortunately that model number doesn't work, when you lift the lid and look straight back in the middle is there a tag, ? usually silver or white.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How about this one right under the lid Lsr7333pqo hope this one works

Thanks

Rick

yes that works !

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
the lid switch you have is this one. you can order this by clicking on this blue link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Lid-Switch-Assembly/8318084/1018522?modelNumber=LSR7333PQ0?RCAID=1000065 thanks and best wishes , Bryan