Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have been told to replace the PCB Main on my LG Refrigerator

I have been told to replace the PCB Main on my LG Refrigerator - I now have the part. Can you explain how to install it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? Also, do you have the location on the refrigerator where you're installing the board? Or do you have the part number so we are on the same page?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model Number is XXXXX

I don't know the location to install the board

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the refrigerator is an LG Model LBN22515ST

PCB Board Part Number is XXXXX 30659302

OK perfect, thank you. So this really should be a fairly easy part to replace. Pull the refrigerator forward and unplug the unit. There is a plastic cover panel on the back of the refrigerator about 8" x 10". Remove the screws going into this panel. Now you can see the control board. Take a picture with your phone or something so you know where all the wires plug in. Then disconnect the wires and pull the control board out. Clip the new control board in place and plug all the wire connections back in. Now just re-install the cover and plug the refrigerator in and that's it. There is no programming or anything needed.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't see a conversation link - however I am at work now - and will now go home and try to replace the PCB main. I will let you know in the morning if it doesn't work!

ok, good luck and if you need anything else I should be here.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks - your directions to replace the PCB were perfect - easy job! Thanks for your help.
awsome, I'm glad it all worked out so nicely.