Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Whirpool Duet HT will not "start". I push the buttons and

My Whirpool Duet HT will not "start". I push the buttons and all they do is blink. Last load I had to run twice because it did not drain all the water. Where do I start??

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number. ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model #GHW94009W$
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Typo.....Model #GHW 94009 W4
okay give me a few minutes to pull up the info on this.
Have you tried cleaning your drain pump trap yet ? this is behind the front access panel under the door. there are two screws way down the bottom you remove to get to the drain pump trap.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will try that and let you know. Thanks.
okay I will be here, be careful, get a lot of towels, there will be water. unscrew it just a little and sop up the water until no more comes out then you can unscrew it the rest of the way and pull the trap out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just went way beyond my comfort zone.....I can't get to the third screw in the middle. Gonna need to call someone out, I guess. Thanks.
oh, I'm sorry. are you able to tip the machine back or are you alone and cant do it? if you call someone make sure they clean the trap and try it again in front of you before they say you need a new pump. (don't let them take you) usually just cleaning the pump takes care of it. We do a lot of these. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan