Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How can I replace the oven igniter on my Bosch HGS245UC gas

How can I replace the oven igniter on my Bosch HGS245UC gas range?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

It is pretty straight forward, the igniter is under the bottom of the oven floor, in some cases you can actually replace this through the bottom drawer. its number 29-431 on this diagram. the drawer comes out on most of these ovens. there are usually plastic lock releases on the side rails that you need to push down or up to pull the drawer out completely. slide the drawer out and look on the outside of the rails, are there plastic releases ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the quick reply, Bryan.

I'm not at home at the moment, so I can't check check the bottom drawer for the plastic clips. The bottom drawer is a warming drawer on this model, if that makes any difference.

When the oven ignitor has been replaced previously, the techs just removed the screws holding the oven floor in place to access the igniter.

I'll check the tabs on the drawer tonight. Whether I access the igniter from the drawer or remove the floor panel, is replacement of the igniter itself basically plug and play?

Thanks,

Tim

You can get to the igniter through the floor of the oven also. if thats how the techs did it in the past chances are thats the way you need to do it. wouldn't hurt to check the drawer though. in the diagram part # XXXXX has two screws a the back to remove then you remove 49-2684 and 43-7800 to access this, if you click this link you can order it plus theres a video there if you have a multimeter you can test yours. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Igniter/492431/1107469?RCAID=1000065 let me know if you need more info, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan