Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Epic Z washer wont power on, please help.

Maytag Epic Z washer won't power on, please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

When you press the power button, do you hear beeping or anything at all? If so, how many times does it beep?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Power button does nothing, no lights, no sounds.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK, that that means that your motor control board isn't causing this issue. Unfortunately what that does mean is that your interface control board is likely shorted and will need to be replaced. Press and hold the end of cycle signal button for 5 seconds to see if the control panel will unlock. If not, unplug the washer for 5 minutes and see if the electronics will reset. If nothing works, then the interface control board will need to be ordered and replace. The part is unfortunately about $250 normallly so it's not a cheap repair at all if you need the new board. You'll need the full model number to order the correct part for your model.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can we have the parts #? Our model #MHWZ600TW01

Also, how do we check for a blown fuse?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Sure. And there are no fuses on the washer that would cut out the display. If you wanted to check for a blown fuse on your house, run an extension cord to an outlet that you know is working to see if the washer will turn on.

The part number you'd need to order is W10117419. Below is a link to the place I'd recommend ordering the part because even though they don't have it in stock, they are one of the few companies that allow you to return the part if for some reason it doesn't work. That's always a good idea since there are 3 control boards inside the washer that all have to communicate with one another properly for the washer to work so you can never be certain.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can we replace the part ourselves?

If we order the part & it doesn't work then its possible the problem is with one of the other 2 control boards? Is this a common problem with this machine?

Also, just so you know, followed instructions from another case which said to listen for clicking when plugging power cord back in. It clicks at the wall socket & not from the machine.

How

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
If you're handy you can probably replace the part yourself. It is possible that if this part replacement doesn't fix the issue that one of the other boards is the issue (the CCU) because the motor control board would at least make the display beep back 3 times if it was bad when you pressed the on button ruling that part not an issue. The clicking really doesn't tell you anything other than that the CCU is getting power, but that is not a test I use since it's really un-reliable.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Lastly, is it possible to get the parts # XXXXX the dispenser drawer? It cracked.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Which part is broken exactly? What number do you need in the diagram below?

graphic
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
#18 How much will that cost?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
The part is about $65. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your help.