Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

my frigidaire dishwasher is nonresponsive. when you set it

my frigidaire dishwasher is nonresponsive. when you set it to a cycle the lights illuminate properly but when you hit the start button the wash cycle indicator blinks but nothing happens. I have tried to power cycle the appliance with no results
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to assist you. When you hit start, it shows that the status is washing, but it won't fill. Nor will the motor start after about 2 minutes. Is this correct? Also, when you say you power cycled, do you mean you shut the breaker off? If so, for how long? I generally like to give a cycle down at least 5 minutes. Am I on the right track so far? Please provide the model and serial number if you don't mind.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when i try to start the cycle, rather than staying solid, the wash light blinks. i removed it from power for about 10 min so as to let the residual power subside
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don't know where to get the model no.
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
It is generally located on the frame of the dishwasher in the area the door closes into. If you push cancel once, does it attempt to drain?
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
also, if you do not hit start, but just hit normal for example, does the wash light blink then. In other words, if you start with an empty display, then hit normal, but not wash, does the wash indicator blink or come on at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
when i move it to normal, the heat dry indicator comes on solid
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

Ok, then you hit start and the wash light just blinks right? If you open the door, then look on the side of the frame where the door gasket is, you should be able to find your model number. From there, I can look up technical data. Without it, we're stuck. I do have a good idea what is wrong, but I'd like to research it before giving my opinion.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
model no. is fdb1050reb2
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX a few minutes to research some technical data. Stand by please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
right on. just fyi. i have a 3 yr old that likes to push buttons. could be helpful
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

Ok, set the unit to stand by mode. Door closed, no indicators on and make sure the dial is set to RINSE ONLY.

Now, press and hold the HEAT DRY and START/CANCEL buttons for 3-5 seconds. Does anything happen?

Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

The buttons must be pressed at the same time and held for 3-5 seconds just to clarify.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

right, not a thing

Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Ok, the one thing that will cause a wash light to blink is simple to check. The door latch/switch assembly. Remove all the screws around the inner door liner, you'll need a multimeter to check resistance through the switches with the door closed. Both should be in a closed position electrically. If you find one of those two switches open electrically, your door latch/switch assembly is bad. If you find both switches in the closed position with the door closed, you'll need a new control board.
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
The door latch/switch assembly is part number NNN-NN-NNNNand it retails around 30 bucks. The control board is part numberNNN-NN-NNNNand it retails for around 100 bucks. Check those switches my friend. Thanks for the question Justin, and good luck to you.
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service