Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

Bosch Nexxt Premium Dryer wont spin. Recently replace igniter

Bosch Nexxt Premium Dryer won't spin. Recently replace igniter and pulled drum to access. No it won't spin at all.
Does the motor turn on but just not cause the belt to turn the drum? In other words, when you hit start, does it even sound like the motor is going? If not, there is usually a reset switch on the tensioning pulley. Since you pulled the drum out, the spring on that pulley would have caused the pulley to trip that switch. That switch is there in the event the belt breaks. Luckily, just pull the rear panel off, push the tiny little switch with your finger tip, and I think that'll take care of you. Since you probably didn't realize that switch was there when you took the belt and drum out, you didn't know to reset it. I hope this helps. The switch is tiny, and you should feel a light click. Please let me know if this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Happy Day! Reset switch solved the problem. As an added bonus, the igniter was the original problem and so now the dryer spins and heats. Life is GOOD...
Awesome, I'm super happy I could help :) Thanks.