Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service

I would like to know if my whirpool washer is still under warranty

I would like to know if my whirpool washer is still under warranty please? We recently moved and now the machine shakes violently during spin cycle.

Justin :

If you provide your serial number, I can tell you when it was made. Then I can let you know if it's under warranty or not. Of course, you really may need to prove purchase with a receipt, but Whirlpool is pretty good about working with people.

Justin :

I'm in live chat, but your status shows offline. I'll switch this from live chat to Q and A. Please just respond at your earliest convenience. Have your model and serial number ready, and I can certainly assist you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model: wtw57esvw1

s/n: c00940610
Your washer was manufactured the 9th week of 2010. This washer carries a one year full warranty. So, unfortunately this is definitely out of warranty UNLESS you can prove purchase with a receipt. You did say you do not have your receipt, but being 2.5 years since the date of manufacture, I truly doubt that Whirlpool will do anything for you. If you can remember where you bought it, you may be able to go back to the store for their records. Also, you can call 1-800-253-1301 to see if they have a registration date for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for following up. I had a tech come out and he said that there was a Block and Nut on the bottom that supports the drum. These had to be replaced. UNFORTUNATELY, after about a week and a half, they still had not ordered the parts, so I just went out and bought a new machine.

Thanks again.