Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

My gas oven has been producing a black soot coming up through

My gas oven has been producing a black soot coming up through the vent and isn't baking well. What is causing this. The top of the range works fine.
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands...Do you have the model number of the stove..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think it is #98007018, I am at work and my daughter is giving me this information.

Not a good model number..Does the oven have a pull out drawer at the bottom..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not a drawer, broiler
This is a range/oven..Does it have a bottom drawer for pan storage..Or is this a wall unit installed into a cabinet..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is a stove. The bottem door is a broiler. No drawer. Its my oven that is not working. It creates this black soot that comes up through my vent. I have cleaned it out from the broiler up, lots of black ash. Now it doesn't back hard to light and stay lit.
Great..you pull the drawer out..At the bottom..Remove the drawer..Just behind the drawer at the bottom there will be the gas valve..Which you will see what is called the burner tube connected to it..The burner tub is the part that the flame come out of..If you look at the burner tube where it meets the gas valve..There will be a small metal door..Loosen the screw and adjust the small door..This door regulates the air flow to the burner tube..First try adjusting the door to remove the soot..If adjusting the door does not improve the flame..Then the gas valve is faulty..