Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

indicator lights are on but washer does not engage. there is

indicator lights are on but washer does not engage. there is power to the unit but the motor does not run and no water flows. what is wrong? Thx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
If you press a normal wash and hit start, you are saying that no water ever enters, and the motor never comes on? How long also did you leave your breaker off? Try letting it off FIVE FULL MINUTES, then trying again. If no water enters, then after about 2 minutes you have no motor running, this strongly suggests a faulty control board. Turn the breaker off for five minutes, try starting and let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Turned off AC for more than 5 minutes. water still does not enter and motor does not turn on.
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Ok, well your main control board is most likely bad. If the console turns on, but you have no output to your valve or motor, I'd be replacing that. I'd be happy to look up the part for you with a model number. The fill is usually 1 minute 35 seconds, after that, the wash motor should turn on. If neither is happening, your board is bad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please! I would appreciate it if you looked up the part for me. Frigidaire model GLD2445RFCO i think it's an Electrolux.
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
NNN-NN-NNNNis the part number.. sears has it listed for 90 bucks. Good luck to you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you take off the control panel to access the electrical board. Thx
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do you take off the control panel to access the electrical board?
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
You must take the screws out on the inner door liner. The console and door panel will then come off. Sorry for the delay. Had a full days work. Let me know if you. Need more help.
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service