Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model # XXXXX The icemaker

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator model # XXXXX The icemaker will not fill with water

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you see the ice maker cycling ? turning ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No

okay, Can you see where the fingers are in the ice maker ? are they sticking up or you cant see them ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I cannot see them, they are not sticking up

Do you have a piece of wire about 4 inches long you can strip both ends on to jump start this ice maker if I told you how ? we need to see if the ice maker is dead or the fill valve is bad.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes
just looking at this you have the ice magic plus on the front of your is that correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

okay there are two clips holding that on, pop the clips and pull that whole assembly off. then you will see this, its the control module, let me know when your that far.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I,m there
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am there ,I,m there
okay , have you stripped the wire yet ? if so stick the wires in the holes marked T & H around the five o'clock position. this will start the gear turning and a cycle. once it starts wait about 5 seconds and pull the wire out, don't touch the bare wire at any time its live power , just hold the part thats not stripped back. let me know if it starts turning.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It didn't start turning
Okay thats not good. it means the ice maker itself is bad. it probably stopped halfway through a cycle and thats why you don't see the fingers. you need to replace it. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/4317943/1857?modelNumber=ED2PHEXNT00?RCAID=1000065 if it didn't start by jumping it the way I said its failed. sorry for the bad news. hope I have been helpful. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan