Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have an Advantium microwave unit that doesnt light up when

We have an Advantium microwave unit that doesn't light up when the door is opened or when microwaving is occurring. Is it possible for me to replace the burned out light bulb, and if so, what size bulb and how do I do it?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm at work and don't have the model number with me.
if you can get me that later thats fine.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just called home - the model # XXXXX XXXXX
Okay perfect ! this takes a halogen bulb.you can buy these at lowes, heres the bad news though. its in the top # XXXXX on this diagram. I'm not completely certain if you can get to this by removing the grill along the top # XXXXX on this diagram or not. some you can and some you have to take the microwave down and cabinet off to do . hope this information is helpful though. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan