Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Bryan: could not get inside panel off because of ice maker

Bryan: could not get inside panel off because of ice maker and light bulb assembly. any other ideas.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get me the full model number ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes. will do this when home for lunch and send. thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay talk then.Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kenmore 19
Model No.(NNN) NNN-NNNN
Serial No. L219 51986
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay let me know when you want to proceed, I have the diagrams and can helps walk you through this.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan: home all day today, so if you have time to walk me through I can make it work. Eileen
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, first you have to remove the ice maker.there are 2 1/4" nut driver head screws holing it to the side wall.they are straight in to the side, remove them and the ice maker will come out. (unplug the refrigerator) and then unplug the ice maker and remove. then in the middle of part # XXXXX on this diagram, remove that and the two screws up in the coners of the back panel. the light cover pop off and the you can release the light bulb receptacle.(remove the bulb first) the take a pair of pliers and turn the plug receptacle for the ice maker and it will go through the back so you can lean the panel forward and remove it. let me know when you have that done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got ice maker out but there appears to be a frame or grate holdings he back panel ( in front of panel) and attached to side walls as well
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok! Back panel tilting forward. What's next?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry we had a really bad storm come though and I lost my internet,can you get the panel out all the way now ? pull up and forward.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pulled; applied hot water; realized trap on back of refrig. Completely clogged. Dislodgeds-trap fom drain hose flushed out tons of crude! Well , maybe just a lot! And reinstalled. Put all back in place ...waiting for first ice cube to drop then breaking out the chilled champagne,!!!! 6 months of headache resolved,

Will let you know!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Awesome ! let me know, I'll be here barring another huge thunder and lightning storm ! Smile if everything works the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok! Think we are a success... And even before the champagne ... Elated! Thanks for helping me believe I could do it!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Your so very welcome Smile great job ! thanks and have a glass of champagne for me ! well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician