How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SubZero_Wolf Expert Your Own Question
SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 340
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
SubZero_Wolf Expert is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Bosch she4am16uc dishwasher: WILL GO FROM ACTIVE TO CLEAN

This answer was rated:

Bosch she4am16uc dishwasher: WILL GO FROM 'ACTIVE' TO 'CLEAN' IN 3 MINUTES OR SO. Sometimes if I run the hot water first, it will complete a wash cycle. Two Sears/A&E/EIEIO repairmen have been here with no resolution. I bought a new control panel/board (on the advice of the first repairman) and it replaced it myself. No change at all. Yesterday a different repairman ran some sort of checklist or algorithm from his computer and the machine worked. Today, "active" to "clean" in < 5 minutes. Then, after running the hot water to VERY hot, I started it and it's working. Is there any hope??

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. When the sears guys replaced the board do you know if it was the upper board near the buttons or aboard down near the bottom of the machine? They would have to pull the unit for the lower board. It is a common mistake to only do the top one. Also do you know if they replaced the temp sensor? Let me know and I'm sure there is a way we can figure this out.


The upper board was replaced. No one ever mentioned a "lower board" and no one replaced the temp sensor.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The old bosch dishwasher had only one board and it's a common mistake for techs not familiar with bosch. This unit has a control board located on the bottom right side of the machine part number 701523.HERE is a picture of the board # XXXXX Let the sears guys know that is what you need. The upper board is only for button control and the lower board controls the machine. Let me know how else I can help.

Customer: Before I spend $150.00 on this part, what is the likelihood that this control board will fix the problem?
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Based on the complaint I would say 90% chance that this should do it. The 10% would cover some very strange wiring issues, so unless something very unusual is going on the only part that could cause this is the lower board.


OK. Hopefully this is something I can do myself and not have the repair guy here again. Thank you. I'll let you know how it turns out.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX know.

SubZero_Wolf Expert and 2 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you

Related Appliance Questions