Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

door lock mechanism on my frigidaire model plcs389dcb is in

door lock mechanism on my frigidaire model plcs389dcb is in lock position and I'm not sure how to disengage

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is the door open and the lock engaged so you can close it ? or is the door locked shut ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the door is locked shut.......red light on display board shows red padlock
okay the padlock looks like the control itself may be locked or is it that it comes on when you put this in self clean ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my arm rubbed across the control panel and the lock mechanism was accidentally engaged, I was not using the self clean. The door is now locked and not sure how to reopen
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,my arm rubbed across the control panel and the lock mechanism was accidentally engaged, I was not using the self clean. The door is now locked and not sure how to reopen
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was not using the self clean.............the oven is in lock mode How do I disengage ,my arm rubbed across the control panel and the lock mechanism was accidentally engaged, I was not using the self clean. The door is now locked and not sure how to reopen
okay, please try to be patient it takes a few minutes to reply. try holding the button that the lock light is over down for 5 seconds and see if the lock light goes off.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that worked....................thanks,
no problem Smile , the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan