Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

mod#ed5ftgxkq00 ser#sl3629652 in the last three weeks

mod#ed5ftgxkq00 ser#sl3629652 in the last three weeks ,the freezer has defrosted,and is doing it right now. and water is every where
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

I'm a little confused,you say this is a whirlpool refrigerator but the model # XXXXX't correct can you check it again ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MOD#ED5FTGXKQ00
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay perfect ! now you say this is defrosting ? does it get completely warm ? do you hear any clicking or buzzing comming from behind about every 3 minutes ? down near the compressor in the back ? pull the refrigerator away from the wall and listen carefully if you can.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ITS ON THE BOTTOM AND ON BUT THERE IS A LOT OF DUST
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
the compressor is running ? is the fan next to the compressor running ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,GOING TO TAKE THE PANAL OFF NOW. YES COMP IS ON,DONT NO ABOUT THE FAN YET,WILL CHECK
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay let me know when you take it off.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
COMP OFF FAN ON A LOT OF DUST ON THE CONDENCER
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is the compressor hot,warm or cold ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WARM TO MED HOT. GOT SOME OF THE DUST OUT..

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. did the compressor come back on yet ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
NO COMP YET
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
on the side of the compressor theres a rely thats plugged on to it. you need to check that. it will look like one of the ones in this picture, it may be the small brown one in the left bottom corner of the picture. remove it and shake it. unplug the refrigerator first. if it rattles it bad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK DID IT , IT SOUNDS LIKE IT RATTLES. AND IT CLICKED BUT THECOMP IS STILL OFF
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, the relay is bad. thats what starts the compressor, you will need to replace it before this will run again unfortunately. this comes in a kit because they used a lot of different relays in these refrigerators so you need to order the kit. heres a link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Start-Device/8201786/1177466?modelNumber=ED5FTGXKQ00?RCAID=1000065 click that blue link to order. good job. sorry we couldn't get it running again today but it will need the relay. you can put it back on and it may start once in a while but it may not. thats the best I can do, thanks , the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.