Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a whirlpool gold Accuwave plus Steamcook. Serial # XXXXX

I have a whirlpool gold Accuwave plus Steamcook. Serial # XXXXX 10210090 Manufactured Jan 2011 Model # XXXXX that just quit when the people using my house (i'm not there) were heating butter. It gave message F7
What does that mean and is there any way to troubleshoot. The machine is on an island where it is super expensive and difficult to get a real service call.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F7 on this microwave can be caused from several things, but it all means the same thing–the magnetron is not drawing the amount of power needed. You could have a faulty magnetron itself, a faulty inverter board, or one of your door switches can just not be activating correctly. You can’t test the magnetron or the inverter board, so the best thing to do is check the door switches. Unplug the unit and remove the control panel. This will give you access to the door switches to the left of the control panel opening. There should be 3 switches which you can remove and make sure they don’t look burnt. Push on the little actuator buttons and see if the switches still click. If so then reinstall the switches and shut the door to make sure the door is activating all the switches when the door shuts. If so, then it’s time to guess which part you want to replace–either the magnetron or the inverter board. The manufacturer will tell you to replace the inverter board first, but it’s really a toss up.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks I will pass the info on and see if they want to try it. I may well be back to ask more.
no problem and I wish you the best of luck.