Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

jennair dishwasher 1 year old - soap door wont open

jennair dishwasher 1 year old - soap door won't open
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number from inside the machine on the tag(side wall) ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Jenn Air JDB3200AWS4
okay perfect. this dispenser is controlled by a solenoid inside the dispenser. these solenoid fail. the problem is you would need to replace the whole dispenser to fix the issue, they don't sell the solenoid separate.3 of 3 1 of 3you can order this at the following link. its around $41.00,unfortunately this is no longer under warranty. to access this remove the screws around the inside of the door and lift the inner door panel up. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bryan - sorry for my delayed response - we have been away. You were exactly right - it was the dispensor unit/solinoid - they replaced the entire unit - it was still under an an extended warranty that I didn't know we purchased. HOWEVER - two weeks later - now the dishwasher runs - but will not drain? The drain hose runs into a disposal - but screen/filter and hose are clear. Is there an auto-valve shut-off in dishwasher that is not engaging or do I need to call for repair? I was hoping for an easy fix - let me know your thoughts. thanks again!

you are having bad luck for sure. okay I have been off and on without internet the last two days, (very frustrating) this has a drain pump not a solenoid that drains this,this is most likely the issue, again since this is new calling them back and getting them to check that is the best thing to do,hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan