SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a BOSCH WAS2446OUC machine that has a dispenser with

I have a BOSCH WAS2446OUC machine that has a dispenser with 3 compartments. The manual says to not use the last tray and not to use bleach. If I can't use bleach, what do I use and why is there a third compartment? By the way, the manual is not user friendly.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Do you have the /xx number at the end of the model number? this tells me which version and options this unit has. Thanks, Sam

Customer:
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry, i'm unable to see the text..

Customer:

No XX number...numbers-WAS2446OUC/23FD8909 200390

KD ME104A61100X002001002 or WNM55 XXXXXXXXXX /p>

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

23 thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that specific machine right now.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I just read through through the user instructions and there is no mention of a issues with bleach or not using the third compartment. Looks like its detergent, softener, and bleach compartments. No reason why you shouldn't.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

PDF HERE

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Let me know how I can further assist you.

Customer:
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry, i'm unable to see the text..

Customer:
SubZero_Wolf Expert :

I'll switch to Q&A mode, I can't read your posts, maybe I can see them there.

Please post here, thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Attempt to send number 9...The PDF you show says on page 1 not to use compartment 1, which is the third compartment. It also says later not to use chlorine beach as it will damage the machine.
I guess I missed both those sections, This versions must not have the hose connections to flush out the 1st compartment, I have never had any of my customers in real life have any problem with bleach in frontloaders, there isn't anything special about the bosch, if you remain concerned you can use a bleach alternative.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do remain concerned and have since researched the Internet and found that the bleach can harm metal used in some Bosch machines. The third compartment does not have a siphon so that is why it cannot be used. I also did rate your answer, but will do so again. For some reason, I could not reply or rate for awhile.