Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi! ZIS430 Freezer making loud noise. Section between fridge

Hi! ZIS430 Freezer making loud noise. Section between fridge and freezer feels hot! Fan stuck? Turned off and removed all food. Any suggestions?? Third appliance to 'fail' this week!! AAGH!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is the noise comming from inside the freezer or the back where the compressor is? can you move the refrigerator away from the wall and listen ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan,

Will get some help to pull it out, so I can answer. Just turned on again, and it sounds like a whirling noise (like something going round and round). Of course, it stops when I open the freezer. If I open the fridge section, it does sound like it's coming from the back of the entire thing, not the bottom. (Does this tell you anything??)

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay do this. open the freezer and then push the door light switch in , the fan should start. see if the noise is from the freezer inside.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Feel like an idiot!! Where is the door light switch for the freezer drawer?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
there are a few more numbers to the model number can you get those to me? there are several different models listed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ZKTC36R...Does this number make sense to you? Trim kit?

ZZIC36N RH ??

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
no they are not comming up.let me ask you this. is the compressor on the top behind a grill ? is this a bottom freezer or side by side ? I cant get you model # XXXXX come up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's a bottom freezer drawer. Compressor is on top behind grill. (also running hot).

Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
okay . check the fan beside the compressor , has it stopped ? are the coils clean ? behind the grill.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is dusty! Fan seems to be spinning. Should we clean off coils and vacuum? Black ball is hot! behind that is the fan. Next to the fan there is a little radiator looking thing. Tuned it all off again.
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
yes you should clean the coils for sure, thats why its overheating and is so hot. be careful if you use a vacuum not to damage the coils, a coil brush is better for that they sell them at lowes for around $10. the little radiator needs to be cleaned also.