Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Refrigerator has no power

Refrigerator has no power

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
L027 54667
Can you recheck that number ? its not comming up.try looking inside the refrigerator section on the side walls or the ceiling for a tag. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry. That was the serial number. The model number is XXXXX in little letters and then to the right of the little letters is(NNN) NNN-NNNN
okay that comes up. is this an older refrigerator ? are there no lights comming on inside either ? when you open the door
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You are right it is old. I have one at the lake that my mother bought in 1965. I think I bought this one when I got married in the 80s. No lights, no compressor, no fan.

alright, well this has the old style defrost timer in it. thats how I knew how old it was, this controls the compressor and fans if this blew it could possibly make the entire refrigerator go down lights and all but not on all refrigerators does that happen. how did you find that this was off ? did you come home from work and find it that way ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We had a storm come through on Tuesday. This is a spare fridge in our wash room. I grabbed a water out on the way to work this morning and noticed it was warm. I called my wife when I got to work and she said it was not running.
okay, well my guess is the timer blew out in the storm and you didn't see it right away. this is located in the control panel inside the refrigerator section. if you have a volt meter you can check for power to it. if its getting power at the timer the timer has failed, heres a diagram its part # XXXXX on the diagram. I gather you plugged a lamp or something into the socket to make sure its good so I'm down to the timer. you can order one on line or pick one up locally . its part # XXXXX heres an on line link if you want to order one. http://www.searspartsdir its around $23.00, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan