Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

two year old kenmore model 110.29822801. washer starts to fill

two year old kenmore model 110.29822801. washer starts to fill and agitate at the beginning of the wash cycle setting and starts to refill with water at the end of the final spin cycle but is not set for a second rinse.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So to be clear, the problem is that the tub is filling up after the final spin cycle even though it's not set for second rinse. Does the water then spin out again?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my question also stated at the beginning of the wash cycle the washer starts filling and agitating at the same time. are the first and second part of the question timer related?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
did not address complete question

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good evening, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I see you still need help. let me pull up your model and take a look. I'll be back shortly, thanks .

okay got it. At the beginning when you say it starts to fill and agitate I believe you are saying its agitating as soon as it starts filling even before the water is full is that correct ? these machines had a problem with that . i just want to be sure thats whats happening with yours.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
your question is correct
okay prefect, these have a bad switch right from the factory. we have replaced dozens and dozens of these in the last couple of years , its the water level and sensor switch. number 17 on this diagram. its the second switch in from the left when looking at the control panel. you need to replace it. you can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-switch/W10248240/1549115?RCAID=1000065 this will take care of both issue's, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.