Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool sie by side 2006 mo #ED2FHAXSQ,my ice cube

I have a whirlpool sie by side 2006 mo #ED2FHAXSQ,my ice cube maker jammed. I cleared the jam and it still just squeels and aqueeks. Do I need to replace it?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

This means the ice maker heater is bad. or the thermostat that controls the heater has failed, In looking at the parts for this its better to replace the ice maker itself, the parts are as much as a new ice maker.i recommend replacement. heres a link to order the ice maker. ice maker it is $126.00 if you need to heater thats $94.00 by itself and most likely the module is also damaged now so its cheaper to replace the ice maker as a whole.hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thankyou for the info. Can you please tell me how to get the unit out. I should then be able to put the new one in. by the way mine is a 2008 not a 2006 like I told you to start this.

Howard

yes heres a great video on how to remove the ice maker. click on the blue link below.

video this is the same setup as yours, hope this helps the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating., thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I think I can handle it from here. I will let you know if I have anymore questions. Thanks again,howard
Okay Howard, please don't forget to rate me its very important, 3 or above is good if you think I've helped, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan