Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool Estate washer and drier. The paint has bubbled

I have a Whirlpool Estate washer and drier. The paint has bubbled up and is coming off with rusting underneath. How can I repair this? The model numbers are:

Washer - TAWS750PQ2
Drier - TEDX640PQ1

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

can you tell me how bad this is bubbling up ? is it a large area ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Really bad around the top rim. Smaller rust spot on front of washer and top of drier. I have pictures, but can't seem to upload them here.

Okay ,what you need to do is to sand the spots that are bad and they sell a special touch up paint for these that matches the color. this is the link to the washer and dryer paint. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touch-Up-Paint/72017/185?modelNumber=TAWS750PQ2 , this is the best match to use its from the factory. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just got the paint, it is not nearly enough. I need at least 8 to 12 oz to cover all the area. This is not a touch up job.

Oh. I just went through the site and found spray paint thats the same,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
I didn't realize it was that much you needed sorry.they will let you return that and you can order the spray can. One can should do it I believe. heres the link for that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spray-Paint/350930/560?modelNumber=TAWS750PQ2?RCAID=1000065 its around $9.00 a can. sorry for my confusion on that.