Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Today, my KitchenAid Superba Built-in Electric Convection Double

Today, my KitchenAid Superba Built-in Electric Convection Double Oven had a problem:
1. The display won't light up. I was able to set the oven temp, cook a casserole for 2 hours, and turn on the oven light, but couldn't see the LED display.
2. NOW, after the oven has cooled, etc., I don't have the display AND I can't get anything but 3 beeps out of each button I push. I tried holding the control button for 5 seconds -- it beeps appropriately, but I can't get anything to work! The oven light does turn on when I open the door, so I think the power is ok.

Help please. Jane
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's KEBS207 SSSOO
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay I found your info, do you have a volt meter ? can you check the voltage if I tell you how ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, sorry. A voltage finder, but not a meter. :(
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
oh okay, well you say you are able to set the bake and all that but the digital readout just doesn't light up ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I could do that earlier, but now I can't get anything but 3 beeps from any button I push.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay well at least we know the transformer is sending power to the control which means the control itself has failed unfortunately. you need to order and replace the control in this. heres a link to order the control , http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/KITCHENAID-Parts/Wall-oven-Parts/W10312205/0022/664/Model- KEBS207SSS00/0593/0125300?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W0704475&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=KEBS207SSS00&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=KITCHENAID&modelDesc=ELECTRIC-BUILT-IN-OVEN&blt=11&shdMod= part # XXXXX on this diagram. its basically the clock/control. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. I'll order this. Will I need to get a technician to install it, or recontact you? Thank you for your help!
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

well if your handy you can come back and I will try to help you install it. just let me know.the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating.

even after you rate me the question is still open for more help at no additional cost, thanks Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.