Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Sears gas range 720.72042300 > When I turn the oven

I have a Sears gas range 720.72042300 > When I turn the oven on the pilot lights up however the main burner does NOT light. Any ideas? thanks.

Rob [email protected]
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Hello Rob, Can you recheck the model # XXXXX not comming up as good. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
modle # XXXXX XXXXX

okay perfect ! What is going on is the igniter is comming on and glowing but these require drawing a certain amount of amperage to open the safety valve. your igniter is getting weak (even though it looks bright) its not drawing the amps so the safety isn't opening. you need to replace your oven igniter. this is extremely common on these after years of use. I have included a link below to the part.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Igniter/5303935066/12872?modelNumber=790.72042300?RCAID=1000065 this will take care of your issue, thanks Bryan

Did you receive my answer okay ? If so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating.

thanks again and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Could I please get a receipt for the $30.00 I spent?

Thanks,

Rob

there should be a receipt for this in your email and on you credit card statement. If not let me know and I'll see what can be sent to you. I only work off site as a sub contractor so I'm unsure how that works, thanks and have a great weekend

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here