Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Kenmore elite just over a year old. it is full so

I have a Kenmore elite just over a year old. it is full so I wanted to start it. The latch doesn t click , my door won t shut, i checked if there was something in the way, and there isnt
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the model number ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model 66577972k703
okay perfect. on this dish washer most of the time the strike gets bent either down or up. these sometimes can get looses also and slide in to much so it doesn't catch the door latch assembly in the door . first try bending it down a bit and try closing it. its part number 15 on this diagram .its the part that goes into the door at the top and latches it shut. try some different positions with this (up ,down a little) see if you can get it to latch. if not you may need to replace it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
our latch does look like that underneat it s got a square metal part
the square metal part sticks out from the dishwasher correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, it s attached and under
I'm not sure I understand , when you open the door and look at the top of the machine (not the door ) you should have that metal piece stick out of the middle of the top part of the machine itself not the door, right under the counter in the middle. its not there ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
same part , but it has a square under it , and we would like the part number if u have it

okay sorry I misunderstood. hers the Manufacturer Number(NNN) NNN-NNNN

hope this helps. did you try bending it up or down yet to see if it catches or is it broken or bent to much ?