Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a whirlpool gold with french doors and freezer on the

I have a whirlpool gold with french doors and freezer on the bottom. The water stream from the water dispenser is very little and when i press the lever for the water to come out there is water coming out of the back of the fridge and on the floor. I pulled it and noticed that some water is coming out. is there a blockage I can repair quickly? it's the fourth of july and i'm having friends over help!
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you tell if the water is comming from a hose or this ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I believe its coming from that. I can't really see it because of the plate that's covering it. But the water is coming from that area
okay can you remove the cover on the back bottom of the refrigerator ? so you can see ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
give me a couple of minutes i can try. don't leave meEmbarassed
okay I'm here.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is coming from the hose
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,it is coming from the hose. looks like the there's a cut on the hose where it fits into the connection at the base of the part you just showed me
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is coming from the hose. it is coming from the hose. looks like the there's a cut on the hose where it fits into the connection at the base of the part you just showed me
sorry theres a site problem just saw your reply. okay you need to replace the hose. now you can get the hose at lowes, they sell the 1/4" hose and theres no need to order this on line. to release the hose thats broken from the valve just push the blue ring thats around the hose at the valve towards the valve then pull the hose out.go get a piece long enough at lowes , when putting it back in just push the hose in and it will lock. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what about the part that goes into the fridge from the back?

okay theres no where to disconnect it ? if not you can ask them at Lowe's for a quick connect to connect the 2 hoses together, they have them that push in just like the valve, then you can just cut the hose far enough up and replace it. thats the easiest way to do this, replacing the whole hose into the freezer is very difficult and unnecessary. the coupling connector works fine and is a lot easier.