Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my Whirlpool dishwasher quick rinse is flashing , and the timer

my Whirlpool dishwasher quick rinse is flashing , and the timer has a -- on it. How do you reset the computer. Or is it something else ?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today
do you have a model number ? look inside on the side wall for a tag.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry the make is a kitchenaid, not whirlpool. model # XXXXX 59 1 9000 serial # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Ok you need to try and reset the control board. Press "high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry, high temp scrub, energy saver dry"

All the lights will go solid at which point you press cancel to reset the board.

**NOTE** if you don't have a "heated dry" button, use the "air dry" or "energy saver dry" button instead.

let me know if that works, I'll look up the model while you try that. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did the pushing buttons, and the -- on the timer went off b but the quick rinse is still blinking and it wont work
okay try shutting the power off to it for 5 minutes and turn it back on. tell me what happens then. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the quick rinse is still blinking

okay the main control board has failed, you can order this at the link below.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/8564542/1060952?modelNumber=665.15919000?RCAID=1000065 there is a video also that shows you how to replace it there. thanks and best wishes, Bryan