SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

Hi, How do I repair 736tc ice maker that has stopped making

Hi, How do I repair 736tc ice maker that has stopped making ice? Thanks, Dane
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Is there any ice/water in the ice maker mold?

Customer:

Hi. I'm not sure what the mold is. Ice maker had slowed greatly, stopped completely, and after being off for a day started working very slowly again this morning.

Customer:

Is someone there?

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

That's ok, what you just told is great info too the mold is right above the bucket.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

The few cubes that have been being made, are they full size?

Customer:

Yes, cubes are full-sized. Mold looks clean.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Then you have a failure of the temp sensor that is part of the icemaker that senser when the water has frozen and is ready to eject. The temp in the freezer is ok, yes?

Customer:

Yes.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

deffinitly the ice maker sensr then. The sensor is not replaceable on it. You will need to replace the icemaker module (big white entire ice maker box above the ice bucket.

Customer:

Okay. I will contact Sub Zero.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

how old is the machine?

Customer:

I bought it new in 2005.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

the ice maker has a 2 year warranty, you may be able to get them to send the part for free 5 is still young for these machines.

Customer:

Okay, thanks.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Also make sure that you only use an authorised company

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Subz can tell you who in your area is best.

Customer:

Okay. Figured I'd go straight to Sub Zero.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks and have a great day!

Customer:

Same to you, thanks.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Feel free to rate my service at any time. This will in no way close the question of prevent you from following up.

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman