SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman

I have a Thermador Thermatronic II double wall oven Model #

I have a Thermador Thermatronic II double wall oven Model # XXXXX 20. The thermostat no longer seems to work properly and I have been told that replacement parts are no longer avaialable. What are the oven's dimensions and what double electric wall ovens can be used to replace a Thermadore Thermatronic II. What else besides dimensions do I need to know to search for a replacement?

Thank you

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. Do you happen to have the full model number? There were a few versions of this machine and I want to make sure I get you the right info. Thanks, Sam

The plate on the oven only lists the model no. as "CMT 20". The next box is labeled S.C. which is "J". The next box is for the Serial No.: "608267" and the next box is labeled Listed is "159J". There is a stamp on the oven that states it was manufactured December 1978. That is about all the info I have. I hope that helps.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Sorry for the delay, I had to get into my shop to look up the old paper copy of the info on this oven (not much is left online even on thermador tech website). Sadly the news could not be worse. The oven is slightly narrower (1 1/2") than a now standard 27" and about 2" to short for a standard height of any modern wall oven. Regardless of what brand or model you get you will need to recut the cabinets larger. To reduce the impact you should look at 27" ovens, but depending on your kitchen you may want to take the opportunity to widen the cabinets all the way for a 30". Sorry for the delay and bad news but I wanted to be sure. Let me know if I can further assist you. Thanks, Sam