Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a ge profile french door fridge. the food (fruits and

i have a ge profile french door fridge. the food (fruits and veggies) in the crisper drawers freeze. what should i do? model #PFSS2MIXA

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, this is a common issue on these refrigerators. the temperature sensors are the problem, these sense the temps and open the damper to let more cold air in as needed. its part # XXXXX on this diagram its located behind this in the refrigerator section. side wall. this is called a thermistor, you can order one @ thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i assume this is something i can replace myself? i see that little grating in the side wall of the fridge. it is pretty high up - close to the "ceiling" of the fridge. does it just pop out?

yes the grill just pops off, and yes you can change this yourself its just two wires, you will need wire splices though. they sell them at lowes, get small ones. the wires are small. I hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating.

thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
wire splices - yikes. do you mean i have to "skin" the wires and connect them together with elec tape or a tiny wire nut? do instructions come with the part?
Yes you will have to strip the wires and splice them together. there are no instructions but theres just 2 wires and it doesn't matter which way they go.electrical tape would work but you better off with small butt connectors.