Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an older magic chef gas oven. While turning one of the

I have an older magic chef gas oven. While turning one of the knobs on, the knob rotated so that the hollow metal half-cylindrical tube to which the knob connects stopped "upside down.," and I cannot turn it back to the correct position. When I turn it now in its upside down position, the burner does not ignite, even though the pilot light is on. I've tried using pliers, without forcing, and tried turning the metal tube back to its correct position while pushing the metal tube in, but I cannot get it back to its correct position. Any suggestions?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The model # XXXXX not appear on the front of the stove, and I can only move the stove away from the wall a slight distance,so I placed a mirror between the wall and oven and tried to make out the model and serial # XXXXX best I could:

model: CPR1100ADW

Okay perfect ! what happened was the burner control valve broke inside, theres a stop thats broke, the only way to fix this is to replace the valve. however this needs to be replaced by a gas tech. the good news is its still available and is $36.99. the part number is. 74010448 these are dangerous to replace yourself, if theres a leak you could have an explosion. Please have this replaced by a professional. be safe, thanks, Bryan

only one thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What method do you suggest for selecting a repairman to fix? I am actually staying at my brother-in-law's home while he is away on vacation, and would like to get fixed before he returns tomorrow. I hate to get ripped off by just selecting a repairman out of the yellow pages.

I understand, to be honest the best way to pick one is to check the BBB for complaints, pick one that has a good record. I really cant tell you who to call unfortunately. thanks and best wishes, Bryan