Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have kenmore washer model 110.24902200 for which spin is

We have kenmore washer model 110.24902200 for which spin is not working. Washer does drain, but stops at spin cycle.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you hear the motor still running when its done draining but its just not spinning ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry technical difficulties with website.

Yes the motor continues to run though the spin does not initiate.

Okay the problem is the direct drive coupling is bad. this connects the motor and transmission and replaces the old belt style, the reason this drains is the pump is mounted on the front of the motor so it will drain but not spin. heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it.

thanks ,Bryan

the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you.

Do you think the probability is greater than 75% that this works for ten year old machine? Thank you for your complete and prompt answer.
This is a great machine , in fact one of the best ever made.this will definitely work for you Smile. Its well worth fixing. have a great day, thanks, Bryan
I was wondering if you still need help. I see you didn't rate me . Is there any other info you need ? Let me know. thanks , Bryan