SubZero_Wolf Expert
SubZero_Wolf Expert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Licensed Appliance Journeyman
46655473

I have a frigidaire gallery series refrigerator. It is not

I have a frigidaire gallery series refrigerator. It is not getting cold. We had a power failure (actually a brown out) on Friday. Is there a reset button?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  SubZero_Wolf Expert replied 2 years ago.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Hello, I can help you with this. There is no reset button. Are there light s in the machine right now? sounds? Do you have the model number? Thanks

Customer:

The light is on inside the refrig. The model number is XXXXX

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Thanks. Do you hear any sounds from the back

Customer:

There is a flashing code on the right side display (where the temp usually displays) of 4.

Customer:

There is a hum. but no sound of the compressor coming on.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

thanks

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

looking up the correct info now.

Customer:

thanks

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

This means that either a temperature sensor or the main board has failed. do you have a multimeter and some mechanical ability to test fix yourself or were you just looking for a diagnosis?

Customer:

I do not have a multimeter. I was hoping to fix this. I have everything from refrig in cooler bags trying to preserve, but no one can come out for "a couple of days" due to the bad storm last friday.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Without a meter I can't tell you 100% that it's not a sensor but I will say that boards can fail from surges/brown out ects and sensors don't If i had to guess I would say board. Again a meter would tell us for sure.

Customer:

I do have an extended warrenty on this, but I cannot even leave a message with the dealer. I could can a board, but I would need to get one and this is Sunday!

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

That's going to be really hard. You could buy one local on mon.

Customer:

I could change a board...

Customer:

where is the board and how is it changed...

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Located on back. It has a bunch of wire connectors.

Customer:

Is it like a computer board were only specific type connecters can match up with certain connectors or is it color coded or something you need to "know" where they go.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

No its really straight forward. Just take a quick pic first in case you'r unsure, A little bit of attention is all you need really.

Customer:

Well, I guess I am on the hunt for this board tomorrow. Where I live, there is not a lot of options to get parts on a Sunday.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Most places really. Sundays are rough for this stuff. The good news is that it should fix it right up and isn't to hard to replace.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Feel free to rate me at any time and you can continue to ask on this even after if you get stuck putting the part in. Just post and I'll be notified.

Customer:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I guess I am lucky, a lot of people here have no power and the electric pompany says it may be days until they can be restored. It is 97 degrees today.

SubZero_Wolf Expert :

Ouch, sounds like you guys got a little lucky in a sea of bad luck.

Customer:

Thanks...

Experience: Licensed Appliance Journeyman