Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I own a Maytag bottom freezer refrigerator. It appears that

I own a Maytag bottom freezer refrigerator. It appears that the freezer is working fine. The refrigerator portion is not refrigerating. It is about 8 years old. Is there something I can do to problem solve?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good afternoon. Can you get us the model number? Can you also open the freezer and check the back wall behind your food and tell us if theres any frost on it at all ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model: MBB1952HEW
There is a small amount of frost on the back wall of the freezer
okay the frost indicates a defrost issue, when the coils behind that panel get clogged the air cant flow to the refrigerator section. is the fan running ? in the freezer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No I do not think the fan is running.
oh okay , thats the problem. all the cold air comes from the freezer, theres no coils in the refrigerator section . the evaporator fan motor is a common failure on this model . you need to order and replace it. click here to order. its part # XXXXX on this diagram.