Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My front load Duet washer Mod. # XXXXX is making a lot

My front load Duet washer Mod. # XXXXX is making a lot of noise( sounds like something is loose inside the drum) which seems to be emanating from the rear of the drum around where a bearing for the drive pulley should be. In addition I hear what sounds like coins inside the drum.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you have someone lift up and down on the drum while you watch the pulley in the back ? does the pulley move ? have them pull in and out also. does the bearing seem loose ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello Bryan, I tried as you suggested; when the drum is lifted up and down, there is a bit of play and accompanying noise from the bearing area. I checked a local parts dealership where I was shown an exploded diagram of the washer but strangely no reference to or drawing of any bearing is made. Can you direct me to a site where maybe I can download a manual maybe?
thats what I was afraid of. the bearing is worn and needs to be replaced , the real problem is they don't sell the bearing separate and thats why you don't see any reference to it. they only sell the bearing with that whole rear tub assembly. its factory pressed. part # XXXXX on this diagram.this is a nightmare to replace. Its also extremely expensive. $495.00 if you were to do the job yourself. to have it done is between $600-$800 so you may want to think about replacing the machine at that cost.