Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

control panel shows of on both freezer and fridge sides, need

Customer Question

control panel shows of on both freezer and fridge sides, need to know how to reset temps.
the unit is a rs267tdrs appox. 2 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Press Power Freeze and Power Cool buttons simultaneously for 8 seconds or until you hear a beep, no longer than 15 seconds. If you do not have those buttons try Power freeze + Energy saver for about 15 seconds.

If that does not work please click the reply to link in the image below and let me know
CLICK TO ENLARGE

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not seem to change any thing. The only thing that happened was the power freeze came on, and the temp displays still show OF. If you touch either the freezer or fridge buttons it goes to the original temp. setting and a couple of seconds later it goes back to OF.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Does yours have an energy saver on the control?

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. It is off
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
Try Power freeze + Energy saver for about simultaneously 8 seconds but no more than 15 seconds. One of those should methods work. Its right out of the manual.

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No change. Originaly my wife bumped or brushed the panel and it beeped. I don't know if that helps or hinders the thought process.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
The OF that is showing is indicating it is in demo mode, and yes it can very easily happen by accidently touching the keypads. Try unplugging the refrigerator for 10 minutes and try again. I cannot believe you need a board because someone brushed against the dispenser.

Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have unpluged the unit for ten minutes and Plugged it back in. pannel still showes Of on both sides. tried to set temps with no success.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
I understand. Maybe another tech knows something I do not know. That should work and I have not a clue why its not. I always open the manual to double check I am not missing anything. I will relist your question to the top of the list for other techs to respond to and opt out.

Have a nice Sunday evening,
Barry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I think I will have to call in for a service call. I can't affored to loses the food.

Thankyou

Gary S.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 2 years ago.
I understand Gary you can click for customer service below and I will forward you as well now.

CLICK HERE.

Barrt