Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a MAH5500AWW washer. It goes through the total cycle

I have a MAH5500AWW washer. It goes through the total cycle without any problems, however, when the machine sits for hours or overnight between washes it accumulates water in the bottom of the bowl. what is causing this and how do I fix it.
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands...Sorry you are having this problem..From what you just explained ..The water valve #2 is faulty..The valve is not shutting off completely..This happens when debris becomes lodge inside the valve..The only fix is to replace..CLICK HERE FOR PART

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am not sure if it is the cold or hot water that is seeping into the tank. Would this valve fix both of the water sources, or do I have to replace more than one valve? also, where is this valve located and how do I replace it. I have your picture, but it does not show where the valve is located.

Yes replace the complete valve..The valve is actually where the water hoses connect to at the back..You will need to remove the front panel..Then lift the top of washer..CLICK HERE FOR A VIDEO

The video will get you up to accessing the water valve..It is located at the left top side of washer under the top cover....From there ii is a simple plug and play repair..Thank You Bob